Therapeutic Reflexology Treatments
Hot Stone Reflexology
Hot stone reflexology can take your reflexology treatment to the next level. The same stones are used that you may have come across with a hot stone massage. I use smooth stones heated in a Vulsini heating bag that are then incorporated into the reflexology treatment. So unlike being heated in the water I can heat these stones anywhere, offering far more flexibility.
This therapy can offer an even deeper state of relaxation due to the application of heat. I use Vulsini, basalt; volcanic stones which can not only retain heat for a long period of time but can also penetrate the tissues to a far deeper level. This added heat to the treatments can bring about physiological and psychological changes, promoting a meditative state and can influence the internal energy flow, bringing balance to the body and mind. With the muscles left even more relaxed than normal I can work deeper into the reflex points which you may find accelerates the benefits of standard reflexology.
When might Hot Stone Reflexology not be suitable?
- Rheumatoid arthritis in the inflammation stage
- Broken skin, thrombosis or phlebitis
- Varicose veins or undetermined joint pain in the calf
- Any skin condition aggravated by heat i.e. dermatitis
- Very papery, thin skin
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or other immune conditions where healing crisis may be too great, it is better to try short treatments of reflexology with me first to check for reactions.
- Epilepsy or Diabetes - please obtain consent from your GP before trying hot stone reflexology.
- Heart disease or uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Cool stones may also be used if there are any muscle injuries or inflammation such as varicose veins. This is particularly useful for sportspeople. A great treatment for muscle tension related to sports or hill walking. When alternating hot with cold to ease muscle tension post workout.